Ticagrelor Reversal Study
Ticagrelor Reversal Study in Columbus, OH
Aventiv Research in Columbus is currently enrolling healthy volunteers for a phase 1 clinical trial at our Columbus, Ohio location to study an investigational drug to reverse the effects of another drug called ticagrelor. Ticagrelor (also called Brilinta®) is an approved drug used to help reduce clotting of your blood. A reversal drug helps restore blood’s ability to form clots which is very important if there is life threatening bleeding or serious injury.
Ticagrelor (Brilinta®) Reversal Study
The primary objective of this clinical trial is to demonstrate reversal of the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor with an investigational intravenous drug vs. placebo. This research study will require you to visit Aventiv Research for five consecutive overnight stays as well as subsequent follow up visits.
Qualified participants must be:
- In general good health and well-controlled existing medical conditions
- Male or female between 50-80 years old
- Willing to take daily Aspirin 81 mg
Patients potentially may not qualify if they:
- They have had a significant acute illness, medical/surgical procedure, or trauma within 4 weeks of the administration of study drug
- Have any planned surgical procedure within the next 2 months
- Are unable to stay in-house during the specified periods
Ready to Volunteer?
Volunteer today to see if you qualify for our Healthy Volunteers clinical research study. *Qualified volunteers may be compensated for time and travel.